3D interior design is a very engaging field to be working in. Each house or apartment and the families living in them are unique. On the other hand, delivering a unique and breathtaking design every time is not something that comes out of the blue. Creative blocks are common in this line of work, and they can put a lot of your projects on hold.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to get those creative juices flowing back again. With so many places to visit and experience, it becomes easier to overcome creative blocks. To help you out, we’ve decided to answer the ultimate question of finding a good source of inspiration for 3D interior design.
Instagram is the best social network to look for 3D interior design inspiration. With hundreds of thousands of images uploaded every day, you will be able to spark your inspiration and deliver incredible designs to your clients. Where to look?
Are you familiar with Instagram hashtags? They are these huge directories on Instagram that contain all the images with that very hashtag. The best hashtags to visit daily are #interiordesign, #design, #interior, #homedecor, #architecture, #home, #decor, #interiors, #art, and #homedesign. But if you play with different words, we are confident that you will discover even more hashtags worth your while.
There are also specific profiles on Instagram that feature interior designs exclusively. One of those is Architectural Digest – a profile where you can look at the most innovative ideas in the field and get familiar with international interior design trends.
While you are at it, make sure to check out the profile of a renowned interior designer from New York, Ashley Darryl. Her designs feature a distinctive fusion of modern and vintage pieces.
Facebook is not only a great place to connect with fellow interior designers, but also a place to visit every time you experience a creative block. There are plenty of communities, groups, and pages focusing on the topic of interior design. Apart from regular discussions, joining these groups will put you in a position to view designs delivered by your colleagues, ask questions, and receive advice.
Among plenty of groups on Facebook, you can seek inspiration for 3D interior designs in the following ones:
● Interior Design Community – this group is open for interior designers. It is quite popular, and at the moment, it has over 4,000 followers. The group started off as a place to share the do’s and don’ts of digital 3D interior design. Today it features all sorts of topics, ranging from interior design and design news to marketing tips for designers and how to navigate designer disasters.
● What They Don’t Teach You in Design School – you must be an interior designer to join this group and its community of over 3,500 people. While most of the posts feature tips and guides, there are plenty of images shared in the group to spark your imagination and get you back in touch with your creative side.
● Ivy Designer Network – this group is reserved for active users of the Ivy platform. If you happen to be one of them, you will get the chance to participate in one of the most active interior designer communities on Facebook. The group has almost 4,000 members and more than 200 posts per week. It’s a great place to get entangled with all things 3D interior design.
Pinterest is an image-based social media network. In fact, it resembles Instagram. Only now, instead of using hashtags to find your way around, you will have to use “Pins”. There are many interior designers selflessly sharing their drawings and renderings on this platform.
There are several hundred Pins on this network that feature interior design images. With the mobile app, you will be able to find inspiration on the go and get it right when and where you need it.
One of the popular pins is 3D Interiors. You might need some time to find what you are looking for because the images are not sorted in popular design categories such as living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom design. Other popular pins you can browse through when you experience a creative block are Interior projects, Luxury interior design, Khao Yai, Hotels design, House design, and Home decor.
3D interior design rendering pin is a great place to get some ideas for lighting, furniture, and plants placing.
Digital marketing offers many benefits to interior designers and design agencies, including increased website traffic, boosted lead generation, and more contracts. The majority of people in this industry showcase their work and write blog posts on their websites. It’s an amazing opportunity for you to go through their interior designs without even having to leave the comfort of your living room.
All you have to do is visit your favorite search engine and type in some of the following keywords “3D interior design blogs”, “interior design blogs”, “3D visualization in architecture”, or “3D visualization interior design”.
Take your time to go through the search results. For some extra inspiration, feel free to browse through only “Image” search results.
If you only want to stick to established bloggers in the interior design industry visit any of the blogs below:
● Amber Interiors – this blog is a perfect place to tune into the home decor trends for every season.
● Coco Kelly – if the high-quality interior design pictures featured on this blog don’t get you back on track, nothing will.
● Apartment Therapy – with access to dozens of house tours, interior design pictures, and DIY home decor guides, it will be very easy for you to get back to the drawing board.
● Design Milk – this is yet another great place to look for inspiration online. Design Milk features all sorts of articles covering a number of topics on interior design, ranging from workspaces to themed room designs.
Who would have thought that something intentionally designed for fun could end up not only as an inspiration for 3D interior designers but also as a tool to do interior design in. Video games will inspire you to become better at what you do and also teach you how interior design can affect emotions.
Sims 4 is the first game on our list. The game features a Build mode that allows you to create amazing interior designs. Sims 4 comes with countless textures, flooring, walling, and furniture options. Take a look at what some of your colleagues have done with this game.
This popular Android and iOS game turns interior design into real fun. There are more than 10 million Design Home players spread across the globe. Thanks to this huge player base, you can browse through thousands of screenshots and seek inspiration in them.
There is no better way to get inspiration for lighting in your 3D interior projects than to play Calvino Noir. The game will take you on a journey through dark rooms and corridors, but once you make your first step into a new room, the illumination effect triggers. The game was inspired by the works of Charles de Wailly – a prominent architect of the 18th century.
Interior design fairs present countless opportunities to interior designers. Yes, you will be able to meet a lot of new people and build your contact list, but you will also be able to get inspired at these shows.
Not to mention that traveling to the show itself will give you a break, which might be just enough for the inspiration to come back knocking on your door. There are numerous interior design fairs spread all over the world.
Here are some of the fairs recognized by the community of interior designers:
● Heimtextil in Frankfurt – a great place to seek inspiration for home furnishing and decorative fabrics.
● Maison & Objet in Paris – visitors of this fair are able to see some of the best collections of design pieces incorporated in interior design.
● Imm Cologne in Cologne – a fair that features the latest trends in interior design.
● Ambiente in Frankfurt – we are sure that you will be able to find inspiration in one of the largest interior design fairs in the world. Each year, Ambiente features more than 4,800 exhibitors.
● Salone del Mobile Milano – experience the latest trends in furniture and interior home design on one of the most visited interior design fairs in Italy.
If you can't visit any of the shows, you can always browse through the galleries on the fairs’ official websites and Instagram profiles.
If you experience a creative block, don’t trouble yourself. There are plenty of places to look for inspiration for 3D interior design. Whether you decide to visit a design fair, play a video game, or spend some time on social media, we are sure that you will be able to find the missing piece in your inspiration puzzle.