College is when we find out what our passions are and develop them into something feasible. The more we check our skills, the more we realize what we are meant to do. Some people have a passion for numbers, while others are good at crafting and using their creative abilities. If you’re part of the last group, you’re probably wondering what the best use for your skills would be. From my personal experience, becoming an interior designer is one of the best options.
Why Should I Consider Becoming an Interior Designer?
There are many reasons why a career in interior design is a great option. Here are just some of the most important ones. Check them out and, if you think you’d be a good fit, start your interior design career today.
- You can let your creativity flow freely and combine business with pleasure.
- You can help people get what they want and need and make their lives more beautiful. Interior design is all about finding the need of the customer and using that information to create an outcome that sticks.
- You will be able to improve your knowledge base all the time. You will learn new things and practice new concepts every single day, which will help you evolve both as a professional and as a person.
- You will learn to pay attention to detail and use that to your client’s advantage.
- You’ll be able to create a world that is more sustainable by designing models that fit today’s needs. You’ll also have the chance to redefine the interior design industry as you go.
- You’ll meet new people all the time and create new partnerships. You’ll learn how to be a successful salesman or saleswoman while doing what you want.
- You will have a lot of fun practicing this job. And if you don’t – you can always change it.
The Best 3D Designers Schools in the US
Here are some of the top-rated interior design schools in the US. Check them out and find out what program fits you the best. Apply, and get a scholarship while you’re at it. if you need help with research paper writing while you’re preparing for admission, you can always pay someone to write a research paper for you. It’s not an unusual thing to pay someone to write papers nowadays, and it’s really nothing to be embarrassed about. In the end, getting help from the best research paper writing service online is smart. You will use the time you would’ve spent writing on something else, such as preparing to write a perfect scholarship essay.
- New York School of Interior Design in New York, NY. Being a student here is fun. Tuition is $1,095 per credit.
- Pratt Institute in New York, NY. Attending this school will ensure that you’ve got a job by the end of your academic years. Tuition is $51,754 per year.
- Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. A rather expensive option, this school also offers online classes. Tuition starts at $37,575 per year.
- Parsons School of Design or The New School in New York, NY. One of the best options in NY. Tuition here will cost you $25,861 per full-time semester.
- Rhode Island School of Design in Providence, RI. The most expensive option but this school produces the most renowned artists in the US. Tuition is $55,220 per year.
How To Become an Interior Designer
- Get the necessary education. You’ll need to get at least an associate degree and take classes such as design history and theory, communication, and also business.
- Get accredited as an interior designer or obtain work experience. You will need a ton of accredited classes to become a successful interior designer. First, focus on taking the NCIDQ exam and then, you can focus on the more professional classes.
- Get an internship as soon as you can. This will help you see what areas of interior design you like working in and what your day-to-day duties will be.
- Develop your own portfolio. Any professional interior designer has his or her own portfolio, so start building yours if you want to develop a stable client base.
- Network, network, network. Attend interior design conferences and join the American Society of Interior Designers or the International Interior Design Association.
Becoming an interior designer means studying hard, knowing the right people, and obtaining work experience. You might want to start writing down your goals and then move on to executing your plan. Don’t forget to get an internship as soon as possible and apply for the best schools in the states. Be motivated to start and stay focus, you can do this.